I am SO excited to officially launch my website!! It is pretty scary (actually terrifying) to leave the 9-5 workforce and take on baking as a full time business, but I am excited to show everyone what I can do! While my creations may not look as perfect as something from a bakery window or what you see on popular food blogs, I can guarantee that everything I make will be more delicious.
For those of you who want to learn more about me and my tastes, here ya go:
- I absolutely love anything chocolate---basically a certified chocoholic
- My favorite combo is chocolate and peanut butter---you can never go wrong
- I like to experiment with interesting/healthy recipe substitutions. Yes, I have put both black beans AND avocado into brownies---and trust me, they are still delicious!
- While I personally don't like to mix fruit with my desserts (my biggest pet peeve is when restaurants put raspberry sauce on my chocolate cake---WHO WANTS THAT?!) I do make delicious fruity desserts, like raspberry streusel bars and lemon bars.
- I am always open to new challenges---just because you don't see something on my website, that doesn't mean I can't make it! The best way for me to continue learning and growing as a baker is to continue trying new recipes and techniques. So go ahead---suggest away!
I would love to hear any suggestions you have for the website, or any words of encouragement, so please comment away! I can't wait until I receive my first order---and trust me, I will be posting about it on here---so please follow along!